Jocelyn Sampedro, Nurse Practitioner, received her Master of Science in Nursing degree and her Nurse Practitioner degree from California State University of Los Angeles. Jocelyn has also had several years of experience working as a Critical Care Nurse at Beverly Hospital Medical Center, La Mirada, and Downey Regional Medical Center. She has been working as a Nurse Practitioner for Cardiovascular Medical Associates since 1999.
• Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
• American Association of Critical Care Nurse member (AACN)
• California Coalition of Nurse Practitioners Member (CCNP)
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)/ Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
• Associates Degree in Nursing – Cerritos Community College, Norwalk
• Bachelors of Science/Public Health Nurse – California State University, Fullerton
• Master Science of Nursing – California State University, Los Angeles
• Nurse Practitioner – Cardiovascular Medical Association (1999 – Present)
– Provide nursing and medical services to individuals, families, and groups emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, as well as the management of acute and chronic diseases.
– Provide health services independently and in collaboration with physicians.
– Manage patients in Coumadin and Pacemaker clinic.
– Assisted in research studies : OCTVAVE & SPORTIV V
• Nurse Practitioner Cerritos College Health And Wellness Center (2000 – 2001)
– Provided healthcare in collaboration with physician
– Provided health promotion and prevention to adult clientele
– Developed and implemented in conjunction with the patient’s family, significant other, and physician multidisciplinary care plans in order to meet the needs of the client.
• ICU/CCU Registered Nurse – Downey Regional Medical Center (1990 – 2000)
– Assessed and evaluated the physical, psychological, social, environmental, and economical needs for patients assigned initially and on an ongoing process
– Relief charge nurse in the Intensive Care Unit
• ICU/CCU Registered Nurse – Medical Center La Mirada (1988 – 1990)
– Relief charge nurse in Intensive Care Unit
• ICU/CCU Registered Nurse – Beverly Hospital (1986-1990)
– Effectively assessed, implemented care and evaluate intervention to critically ill clients
– Administered nursing care to acutely ill clients in the Intensive Care Unit